For media requests, please send us your inquiry through our contact form or email us directly at email@example.com.
CMPAC in the Media
Muslim issues not adequately addressed in party platforms, argues advocacy group campaigning for dedicated federal anti-Islamophobia office
Advocacy organization the Canadian Muslim Public Affairs Council (CMPAC) launched on Sept. 10, and is campaigning for the federal government to...
Canadian Muslim Public Affairs Council Featured on Canadian Muslim News
The Canadian Muslim Public Affairs Council (CMPAC) was featured on the Muslim Network TV which broadcasts 24/7 through Sattelite Galaxy 19 reaching...
WHat is the canadian muslim public advocacy council (cmpac)?
We are a lobby organization to strengthen and advance the the interests of the growing Canadian Muslim community through engaging and educating decision-makers and influencing public policy and mobilizing communities.
What is the Canadian muslim public advocacy council's priority?
1. To promote and protect the rights and interests of Muslims, Muslim organizations in Canada, and Muslims around the world.
2. To lobby all levels of government for public policy and legislation that are representative of the issues and concerns of Canada’s diverse Muslim populations.
Why is there a need for a national lobbying organization for canadian muslims?
To ensure the community’s short term and long term interests are to create a shared voice for Canadian Muslims on issues important to them and Muslims around the world.
What is the Canadian Muslim Public Advocacy Council's MandatE?
1. Consult with community organizations, leaders, and grassroots to develop community lobbying priorities,
2. Lobby elected officials to ensure those priorities are reflected in public policy discussions at all levels of government in Canada,
3. Mobilize community members to advocate on issues of importance to the Muslim community,
4. Develop community capacity for political engagement and lobbying through training,
5. Cultivate allyship with other community groups to advance issues of common interests to advance Muslim community priorities.
What are the values of the canadian muslim public advocacy council?
● Community: we are connected to and rooted in Canadian Muslim communities.
● Justice: we stand for justice for all humanity and stand in solidarity with all equity-seeking communities. We are not driven by the political climate of the day.
● Authenticity: In understanding Islam, we situate ourselves in the mainstream scholarly tradition, while recognizing and embracing the wide range of different interpretations within this tradition.
● Inclusiveness: We advocate for all Muslims regardless of their religious identification and with an acknowledgement of the multiple, intersecting identities that Muslims can hold.
What are key issues that CMPAC will help fight against?
Muslim Canadians have and continue to face numerous issues in Canada, including:
- Systemic Islamophobia
- Hate Crimes
- National Security
- Bill 21
- Lack of Muslim Representation
- Far-Right Extremism and White Supremacy
- Public Opinion